PLA Library Collection
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 6, 2020 - PLA Facility / Brampton Court Reopening
The PLA library print collection is available for overnight borrowing but closed for browsing. PLA Members in good standing may request books under regular borrowing guidelines however the books must be requested in advance allowing staff time to retrieve and prepare items for pick up.
BORROWING PRIVILEGES Sign-out privileges and overnight use is limited to PLA Members only.
Borrowing is available for seven days (one week) with a maximum of three books. Use of materials does not extend to Reference Books, Indices or Case Law Reports. All materials borrowed overnight are subject to immediate recall with no renewals. NEW: Please note, fines for overdue books will be charged on any unreturned items beyond the borrowing period and are subject to replacement fees.
All search results can be filtered to search the Peel Law Association collection by selecting Peel Region.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN & DOCUMENT DELIVERY
Not found in the PLA Library collection? Contact Library Staff for assitance!
Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services are available...
- Interlibrary Loan items may take up to 2-3 business days to arrive at the PLA Library.
- Interlibrary Loan Items are only to be used within the PLA Library.
The amount of time the Interlibrary Loan item is held for in the PLA Library is 2 weeks.
- Document Delivery: Please ask Staff for assitance in locating an article from a newsletter, or
page from a book.
- Document Delivery is occasionally same day service and will arrive electronically to the PLA Library.
PLA NOVEL NOOK PLA Novel Nook will no longer be accessible - Effective July 6, 2020
CD-ROMS are no longer accessible for use and borrowing privileges - Effective July 6, 2020
The PLA Library offers a variety of electronic and e-Reference materials on-site including:
- LexisNexis Advance Quicklaw
- O'Brien's Court Forms and Precedents
- WestlawNext Canada (PLA Members only)
DivorceMate (FREE to PLA Members only)
Non-PLA Members are charged to use this service.